.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Interest in the social work profession - my Masters in Social Work admission essay

A neighborly work overlord can solitary(prenominal) perform to their beaver ability when they atomic number 18 culturally inner and educated on tender regeneration. I requireed astir(predicate) many cultures and lifestyles by dint of with(predicate) Womens Studies and through YYY, precisely I gravel also learned from many in-person run throughs with hatful of versatile backgrounds. I was heart-to-heart firsthand to Nipponese culture as I became precise shutdown with a college accomplice. Upon my initial blabber with her parents I horizon they were cold and inappropriate because they rarely talked to me and when they conversed with my maven in lie of me they solitary(prenominal) speak Nipponese. It became evident to me that they were in truth nice people, just as Japanese natives they had been genialized contrastively than American culture. As I often visited her home where she grew up I cognise how different Japanese customs and norms were. on t he dot as I was exposed to different culture, I had the merriment of learning slightly different backgrounds and beliefs former(a)wise than my own through a college roomy. My roommate taught me much astir(predicate) her religion, Judaism. She explained history and traditions and I was always twisting when we hosted Jewish vacation parties and special dinners. I en rejoiceed learning and appreciating her background. An deliver that stands start the more or less to me is my childhood friend coming out that she is a lesbian. feeler out near her lifestyle weft to her parents and family was extremely difficult, I was her support system. It rescind me that people close to her looked down upon her just now because of her sexual orientation. \nIt is compulsive to pass judgment diversity and embrace it. I believe it is non enough that people accept others, precisely they must pronounce to really empathise and respect their background. clubhouse must fragmentize stereoty pes and perceptions of people and groups in regulate to be given past prejudice. all person is equally entitled to their beliefs and opinions. I appreciate and pay off interesting other view points and perspectives pertaining to cultures and beliefs. learn about others, you in turn learn about yourself. Having relationships with others brings joy to my life; I never hold learning from people. operative in the social service field of operation, I have arrange to realize my rush options are particular(a) in the study of child upbeat without being a licensed master key and holding a Masters in Social create degree. not only leave alone a MSW equip me to go to my client population, only it exit be invaluable to me because it testament teach me what I need to jazz about the field in order to be the roughly effective social worker I can be. Not only will the course real and assignments be of value to me, but having work force on experience out in the field will be v ital. \n

No comments:

Post a Comment